Saturday, November 6, 2010

A.J. Pierzynski Willing to Return in 2011

A.J. Pierzynski of the Chicago White Sox.
The Chicago White Sox and A.J. Pierzynski have been in talks to decide whether or not he will be a part of the White Sox organization next year.

"The door has not been shut by me or by them. There are no hard feelings from me toward them, and I hope there's none from them toward me. Something still could be done, but if not, hopefully there's another team who will want me."

-MLB.com


Pierzynski is scheduled to go on as a free agent, but says he isn't really entertaining other offers yet. He has been with the White Sox since 2005 when they won the World Series and maintains a career .284 batting average with 120 home runs. Last season his batting average was .364 from mid-August to the end of the season, which was the best in the American League. Not to mention he has 1,000 innings caught for the past nine seasons.

Both sides seem to be open to making a deal. I hope they do. I like Castro just fine, he seems to hit better, but there's just something about Pierzynski that says baseball. He likes to call plays before the umpire does, and he is right all the time. He knows his stuff and new or younger players can learn from him.

No comments:

Post a Comment